Culinary Inspiration From Sea
For the Peaches
• 6 pieces fresh, very ripe peaches - halved and pitted
• 6 teaspoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted - cut into 12 small pieces
• 2 scoops vanilla gelato / or greek yogurt / or whipped cream
• 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Step 1 - Preheat the Oven
• Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C
Step 2 - Prepare the peaches
• Wash the peaches under cold water, cut in half and remove the stone.
• Transfer the peaches to a baking sheet pan layered with aluminum foil, open face up.
• Spoon ½ teaspoon brown sugar in the center of the peaches and place a small piece of butter on top of the brown sugar.
• Place peaches in the oven and bake uncovered in mid shelf position until the peaches are nicely roasted and fork tender, about 10 min.
• Remove from the oven and let over cool.
• Keep the peach roasting liquid; which is left underneath the peaches on the aluminum foil.
Step 3 - Serve the Peaches
• Transfer the warm roasted peaches onto a serving plate
• Spoon the roasting liquid on top of peaches.
• Dust with powdered sugar and serve with vanilla gelato, (or greek yogurt or whipped cream) on the side
Tip - Top the peaches with one small round of fresh black pepper from the mill (adults only) and sprinkle little with Maldon Sea Salt flakes. This will give this dessert an extra kick. Enjoy…
Happy “Stay Home” Cooking! with Chef Anton “Tony” Egger
Related Seabourn itineraries and amenities below