Culinary Inspiration From Sea
With Apricot Jam and a glass of Milk
For the Pancake batter:
• 1 cup / 150 grams all-purpose flour
• 1 cup / 250 ml milk
• 3 whole eggs
• 1 pinch salt
• 4 tablespoon melted butter, or neutral tasting oil for coating the pan
For the Filling:
• 4 tablespoon apricot jam
• 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
• 2 glasses milk, cold
Step 1 - Heat up the Oven
• Preheat the oven to low temperature. 200 degrees fahrenheit / 90 degrees celsius.
Step 2 - Prepare the Pancake Batter
• Stir the flour with the milk and salt until smooth.
• Then add eggs and stir until you achieve a runny batter.
• Set aside and the let the dough rest for about 20 minutes in room temperature.
Step 3 - Let’s pan-fry our Pancakes
• Heat up some butter / oil in a (8 inch / 20 cm) frying pan, just enough to coat the pan.
• Pour a little of the pancake batter into the pan and then let the batter run evenly so that the bottom of the pan is completely covered with a thin layer of batter.
• Once the bottom side is golden in color, flip it with a spatula and cook the other side for about 15 seconds. Transfer to a plate and keep them warm in the preheated oven until all pancakes are made.
• Repeat until you finish the rest of the batter.
Step 4 - Fill the Pancakes and let’s serve them
• Spread each pancake evenly with apricot jam and roll it from one side to the other.
• Dust them with powdered sugar and serve with a glass of cold milk. Yummy…!
Happy “Stay Home” Cooking! with Chef Anton Egger
Related Seabourn itineraries and amenities below